Saturday, December 9, 2006

Kalman loves Edit

Sorry, I’m not good at this sort of thing.

I usually write poems and microwave oven manuals; I’m but a simple man.

Imagine that this is a poem.

The process started when I walked in on you, you’re so daring you were having a bath behind an open door

in some old fart’s flat.

There was too much courage in your face hair, I couldn’t wash my hands with you staring at me.

When I went for a piss later, the bathtub was empty,

and I’m too down-to-earth to imagine your presence into it.

I’m sorry, I’ll try to be a better man in the future.

Photography would help, but that’s more than I dare to wish for.

Dear Edit, I’ve spent today standing in my own shower - I’m sorry I don’t have a tub at home -

- and I was putting your shape into my cracked tub,

I think I’m almost there.

2 comments:

Headless Horse Archer (Premier) said...

It was 'daring'.

Also, the line near the middle should say "there was too much courage in your hair"

Steve Carlson said...

Okay, I've corrected your text, K-Man. You may very well be the best writer in the group but your penmanship is without question the worst!